Monday, December 20, 2004

God Rolled His Eyes

Michael Totten pointed me to an excellent article, from which I copied the title, about what I just blogged the other day.

One side says that religion is under attack in America.

Another side says America is under attack from religion.

I say both sides are trivializing faith and the First Amendment. And
what would God say? I think He would roll His eyes.

There are too many places on this earth today where religion is most certainly under attack: start with China. There are many nations under attack from religion: start with Iran and Saudi Arabia. And, Lord knows, there are too many places where people are attacked because of their religion: try being a Jew or a Christian in the wrong place; try being the wrong flavor of Muslim in the other guy's turf.

No comments: