Sunday, January 06, 2008

So Sad - Where's the Outrage?

I can't express my outrage enough when I see stories as outlandish as the one in Texas or the one recently in Canada. These are classified by the media as "Honor Killings", but I just can't call it that. There is no 'honor' in murdering your child or worse your children over some misguided belief of false pride. This 'pride' is not necessarily Muslim in origin, but Islam has embraced it with a blood lust. I tried searching the net to find any non-Muslim 'honor killing', but couldn't. Either it's virtually non-existent or just plain old murder. To murder your children takes a monster.

Here's a story from a couple months ago that should have had women all over the world uniting in outrage, but except for a few nights on the news cycle it was not as unifying as I'd have hoped. This is another example of Islam's misogyny and don't tell me I'm 'misunderstanding' Islam. Women are treated as chattel and you can't tell me different. It disgusting and I'm ashamed that women here and all over the world have not united to call these people out.

There is no cultural relativism with either the 'honor killings' nor Islam's misogyny. Both are wrong and evil, pure and simple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To one with a highly experienced eye, it is obvious the murders of the beautiful Said sisters of suburban Dallas were dishonor killings.

I share your outrage and agree with you that there is no room for cultural/moral relativism where basic human rights are concerned.

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"