Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Talk Radio

I had the pleasure of driving down to Eugene, Oregon on Sunday. It’s a 4 ½ hr drive ! ! ! On top of it, I had to listen to the Seahawks blow a massive second half lead. Wow, that was painful.

But on the drive back, I was able to listen to Air America. I’ve never had the opportunity since I don’t think there’s a station in the Seattle market, which is surprising since Seattle is such a liberal enclave. Well, I listened to the Randi Rhodes show for about an hour or so and came to the belief there is absolutely no differences between the wackos on the Left and Limbaugh wackos on the right!!!! There must have been 4 or 5 callers who said POTUS was mentally ill or psychotic. The shame is it truly was hard to tell which side I was listening to if I substituted Rush’s spin on Clinton v. Rhodes take on Bush.

I love listening to talk radio, but this was just sad. In the Seattle market, we are fortunate. In the AM drive post 9:00am we get Rush (boring), Tony Snow (new, yet good) and local Dave Ross (on sabbatical due to his run at House of Rep as a Dem). The noon time is Sean Hannity (too conservative), Michael Medvid ( not bad, but….) and my personal fav Dori Monson ( Libertarian, yet practical !!!).

And when all else fails there’s Sports Radio!!!

No comments: