Friday, July 30, 2004

Kerry's Chance

Ok, I was impressed with Kerry's speech last night. It's the best one I've seen him give. The montage preceding was even better. I almost was ready to go out and stump for him . . . alright, that's pushing it. In fact, even though I liked the speech, I still had many more questions than he had answers.

Even though N. Korea is the brooding malcontent in the corner, it's in the corner. It's market of munitions has shrunk do to the high security around the world.

So, what's Warrior John going to do about Iran? Since he "will not lead us into a war of choice not only into a war on necessity" (paraphrased), at what point will Iran's acknowledged nuclear enrichment (weapons) program be addressed. Some Dems still hang on to the old argument "why attack Iraq when N. Korea is a more imminent threat?". Well, look at where N. Korea is geographically and geopolitically. Even though they were/are able to export some fissile material, they've been treated the same way during the Clinton and Bush admins.

Now, look at Iran. . . They are located smack-dab in the middle of a volatile region. The biggest threat is the brand of Islam the mullas are enforcing. The Shia brand is highly anti-idolatarian. Just check out what the Shia's have done to the Buddhas in Afghanistan and to sacred sites in Mecca. If the fanatics have nuclear WMDs, they would barely hesitate to nuke Jerusalem.

Do we wait on Israel to act? At what point will Kerry feel is time to act? Is it before or after the mullas have aquired nukes?

John Kerry, it's your call . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MacBoar, I was just passing by on my search for things about Sacred Sites on
the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my Sacred Sites site. Not
sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi MacBoar, I just dropped in on my way back to my Sacred Sites site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating this post.

Anonymous said...

Hi MacBoar, I just dropped in on my way back to my Sacred Sites site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating this post.