Friday, July 09, 2004

What is the Problem, People? ? ?

I just don't get. Ya know, every once in a while we, as a people, just lose touch with reality. I can't for the life of me understand the problem some people have with Same-Sex Marriage. I mean, what's the problem? Two adults in love want to show their commitment to the world, yet if they happen to be of the same sex, some people just have an irrational fit.

The opponents bring in religion and God as the foundation of their argument. I'm sorry but both times (yes twice, the slut that I am) I was married, if I had not heard the 'in the power invested in me, by the state of . . .' my marriages would be invalid. Think about it folks, it's a state (govt) issue. You can get married by the JP and it has nothing to do with religion. If a couple wants to profess their love to their God and church, more power to them.

But now we're getting into intrusion with the constitutional Amendment against Same Sex Marriage. It's not just the audaiousness these folks have. It's their sanctmonial piousness that just boils me. This is from Matt Daniels, president of the Alliance for Marriage:
"Americans want our laws to send a positive message to children about marriage, family and their future."

I'm sorry but what the fuck is that shit?!?!?!? The families of Alliance for Marriage and others of their ilk rate right along with the rest of America when it comes to divorce, child abuse and adultery. So Mr Daniels, don't talk to me about sending a positive message when, in Florida, a gay couple can not adopt a child. Leaving hundreds of children to be sucked into the black hole their infamous Department of Children and Families instead of being placed in homes with a loving same-sex couples.

So, it's not enough for these folks to ban Same Sex Marriage through a Constitutional Amendment. No, they have attached something more insidious. It's the third sentence following the one splashed across the media:
"Neither the federal government nor any state shall predicate benefits, privileges, rights or immunities on the existence, recognition or presumption of nonmarital sexual relationships."

So, what do you think? Think this means what I think, boys and girls? Say good bye to civil unions and domestic benefits.

It's time to write your senators and take action. This is just too much.

No comments: