Monday, August 23, 2004

Blogging

I'm sorry for not blogging lately, but as a political junkie this is getting to be much too much for me. I'm now officially tired of the bullshit.

I don't give a rat's ass about Kerry's swift boat time. He did it and should be proud. I may not care for his politics, but I can't ( and won't) argue this point. The only question I have with his Vietnam service is the BS about Cambodia. Too many people have contested it, yet it's getting the min. amount of play. Christmas in Cambodia, records? Nah, but who's looking.

I'm just tired of the talking heads on both sides . . . Everyone is doing the "yeah, but what about. . . ." Once again, no one answers the question poised. Just deflect, deflect, deflect because we're all just sheep to them . . .

G_d help us all . . .

2 comments:

Dave Justus said...

My conclusions on the whole thing is that the Navy gave him his medals and that is good enough for me. Sure many medals are given out based upon exagerated claims but that doesn't really matter. Now if there was definitive proof that Kerry lied (not just exagerated) to get metals that might be a story but their isn't so let that lie.

Cambodia would just be a tall soldiers tale and not really matter either except that it was used in Congress as part of a political debate. That has a few more ramifications than if it was just spinning tales to friends or even given in a campaign speech.

The most devasting swift vet attack I think is the recent one about Kerry's anti-war testimony. That has some direct relevence to Iraq.

Anonymous said...

Mac, I hear ya buddy! I am sick to death of it. And as our blogging compatriot Maura would say, "...hence, cat-blogging." Or in your case, puppy-blogging. :)

I've had a lot less inspiration the more tense things get in the world.

~Lachlan