Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Kerry Drama

I haven't paid much attention to this "Cambodian" issue with J. Kerry. I figured it's much ado about nothing. His service is an excellent feather in his cap. All this squabbling just bored me.

I'm more concerned with his tenure in the Senate and with his plan for the Islamofacists. Both of these will cause me to question his qualifications. Granted, when one is in either arm of the legislature, one must compromise. Wasn't there an old "school house rock" song on that? Or was that just "I'm a Bill"? Anyway, the patterns are discernible and J. Kerry's is just a wee bit too far to the left for my taste.

Back to this "Cambodian" thing. . . The problem now with me is not that he embellished, well . . . It does bother me. But as one of Instapundit's contributors put it:

WHAT IF... Porter Goss had lied about going into Cambodia during the Vietnam War repeatedly, over a few decades, in different media, and on the floor of the House?
Would we want him as DCI? Would he get confirmed? NO WAY!

We should not hold Kerry - who is running for CIC - to a lower standard?


That pretty much says it, doesn't it?

I'm in no way a Clinton basher. I think he did a pretty good job. There were somethings I liked and some I didn't. But ya know what? That's life!! I was more against Reagan during his reign than I was against Clinton. However, I do think he truly lowered the bar of the POTUS office. And here's his legacy . . . Will we now accept someone who doesn't tell the truth as the most power leader in the world. And don't tell me Bush lied to take us to war with Iraq when every nation and intel group all said Saddam had WMDs.

Here's another reader's excellent observations:

Reader John Frederick observes:
It's interesting to note that when the Bush was AWOL/deserter/liar story was in full play a few months back, the press went so far as to interview a dentist that had signed an exam record to question whether his signature had been forged. I guess the point was to try and establish that the record was altered to help Bush. Now we have the Swift Vets' charges and the press can't even be bothered to look critically at what they say actually happened. And there's 250+ of them! I've always felt there is media bias but even I am astonished by the utter lack of analysis of anything Kerry has ever done in Vietnam or public life.


No comments: