Thursday, June 10, 2004

Palestinian Logic

I've yet to touch on the Palestinian issue. Well, I just came across an article by David Goldberg for the New Yorker. It just made my heart ache with the twisted logic of the Palestinians. Referring to Reem Salah al-Rayashi:
The attack was the first conducted by a female member of Hamas, a religiously conservative group that had previously limited participation in terror attacks to men. Rayashi was the mother of a three-year-old and a one-year-old. In a video made shortly before the attack, she stated, “God gave me the ability to be a mother of two children who I love so. But my wish to meet God in paradise is greater, so I decided to be a martyr for the sake of my people. I am convinced God will help and take care of my children.”

It gives rise to the Moloch Complex:
Just outside the Old City walls of Jerusalem is a narrow valley called Gai Hinnom, which means “hell” in Hebrew. On a stone altar in this valley, it is said, the Canaanites sacrificed children to the god Moloch. If the extremists among the Jews suffer from a Moriah complex, then the extremists among the Palestinians are in the grip of a Moloch complex. Jewish children are among the targets of sacrifice, but some extremists sacrifice their own children as well, dispatching them on suicide missions, and using them as shields when they attack Israeli soldiers. In Gaza three years ago, I witnessed Hamas gunmen firing at Israeli jeeps from behind a screen of children throwing rocks.

The man who deserves the greatest amount of contempt is Yasir Arafat. How can a man, who is not even from 'Palestine', claim to be their rightful leader when he professes:
On Palestinian Authority television two years ago, Arafat was asked if he had a message for Palestinian children. He answered, “This child . . . who is grasping the stone, facing the tank; is it not the greatest message to the world when that hero becomes a martyr? We are proud of them.”

I've said it before...We were able to defeat the Soviets because their mothers were fearful their children would die in war. But in Islam, they worship death more than they love life. I don't know how to defeat that 'logic'. . . do you?

No comments: