Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Major FUBR

Man, is there ever a moment in your life when you just fuck up beyond belief? Well, I had such a moment yesterday.

The family is going on our summer vacation this year to the East Coast to visit my wife's grandmother in Baltimore for her 80th birthday. We'll then go down to Asheville, NC to see my mother and grandmother. The trip to Baltimore is kinda like a family reunion for the 80th b'day. Even the Bro'-in-law is making an appearance with his girlfriend and their son. We're hooking up with their mother who's already in Baltimore taking care of the Queen Mum.

All that said . . .

My major fuck up was due to my inattention to detail and this really chaps my hide since I know better. I'm sure you can almost guess what's coming. . . I made the airline reservations on line with Orbitz. With the agenda, we had multiple flights btwn Baltimore and Charlotte. And . . . I . . . forgot . . . to . . . change . . . the date . . . for the flight . . . to Charlotte!!! Now, comes the fun part!!! Just hazard a guess as to how painful this was. . . Let me start with the cancel/change fee for United which was $100 per ticket (+ $400), then there's the change fee due to Orbitz at $30 per ticket (+$120), but wait there's more . . . due to the price of fuel increasing, the cost of the tickets has changed, so now it's an additional $146 per ticket!!! Are you beginning to feel the pain yet? So for my fuck up, it's going to cost me an additional $1100 on top of the $1800 for the pleasure of visiting the in-laws. This is not including the cost of the hotel nor auto rental.

Half the pain was having to inform the 'better half'. She's already so stress with work at the hospital that I thought she'd just break. She just said 'fuck it, let's stay at the Radisson ($140) so we don't have to stay with the family'.

This was just so painful, but I have no one to blame but myself. Grrrrrrrr, it doesn't make any easier though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with