Thursday, June 10, 2004

Political Snub

What does it say when major allies snub the funeral of former President Ronald Reagan? Let's take a look at whose not attending, oh and some of those were at the G8 meetings. So one day extra is an imposition? ? ? ?
France - Jacques Chirac
Russian - Vladimir Putin
Japan - Junichiro Koizumi
as well as...
Mexico - Vincente Fox
Canada - Paul Martin
Wow, Chirac and Putin's snub speaks volumes. I am officially tired of France. I now could care less what happens to them. Charles De Gaul snubbed the American contribution to the liberation of France during the commemoration of Normandy in 1964 so this is not the first time, nor do I expect the last. As for Putin, well . . . what's to say about a former KGB leader who's ideology was shown to be corrupt and corrosive. It would be a bitter pill to swallow to show respect to the man who was so instrumental their downfall.
Japan said they feel it's more appropriate for the Prime Minister at the time of Reagan's Administration to attend. However, what would it take for Koizumi to attend, too.
Now, Mexico and Canada . . . I just don't get it. I don't remember Reagan having any policies which would be justification for such a snub.
I'm just shocked at the G8 leaders. Even though Great Britain, Germany and Italy will be there, I feel France and Russia deserve our contempt.

No comments: