Thursday, June 03, 2004

Ramblin's

Well, nothing special today. I just need to jot down some words to keep this up. Since writing doesn't come naturally to me, I need to work at keeping in practice.

Man, the Wife is just stressin' beyond belief. The new lab at the hospital is just a mess. The Heads just didn't work at what was best for getting the blood work out in a timely fashion. They were concerned with Image. Proof? They even talked about putting the lab about 2 miles from the hospital . . . so think about that. . . A nurse or phlebotimist draws your blood when you're in the Emergency Room and you need results STAT. If the lab is 2 miles away, are you going to cab each draw or have an interior courier drive it ? ? ? Of Course!!! Once they realized what they were envisioning, they decided to have the lab on two floors. Not just two floors, but separated by another floor . . . Man, are these folks clueless. I'm sure I'll blog more on this later, since the Wife is beside her self with Anger and Depression on this . . .

Neither one of us are too excited about going back east to visit family. We're just running up against bad Karma everywhere we turn. It got so bad, last night the mother-in-law calls knowing the Wife is asleep. She said 'Hold on, someone wants to talk to you!' Next thing I know, I'm talking to Cousin Paul (?)who is inviting us to stay at his house. Now, the mother-in-law KNOWS we already made plans to stay at a hotel for sanity reasons, but still put me/us in a bad position. After declining his gracious invite, I could hear him in the background saying 'they want a pool!!' which is true, but I could hear the tone . . . I told the Better Half what transpired and man was she pissed. Nothing like long distance manipulations! ! !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... in-law drama at its best. Makes me glad that we, too, live a few thou away from ours. :)

Cheers!

~Lachlan